Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hot Trader Joe's Wines

“You can’t drink wine all day... if you don’t start first thing in the morning.” - Dan Burke -

Wow, there are some really fine wines at TJ's for less than $10, in fact, how about one for less than $4! Yup, no kidding.

First, try the Rendition 2007 Petit Sirah at $8.99 a bottle. Wine Enthusiast rated it at 90 points and designated it a "Best Buy." In their latest issue, which includes their Top 100 best buys for under $15, this Petit Sirah came in at number 10 on the list. I tried a bottle and it is a little rough around the edges because of its youth, but I still had no trouble drinking it after decanting and a little breathing....the wine, not me. Actually, both, I suppose.

Secondly, try the Trentatre 2007 blend of Cabernet, Merlot, and Montepulciano at $5.99 a bottle. This is a wonderful wine with supple tannins and lots of fruit on the finish.

Lastly, try the LaGranja 2008 Temperanillo at $3.99 a bottle. Like the Trentatre, easy tannins and lots of fruit, but I did get a little more acid with this wine, which makes it perfect for pairing with food. Truthfully, at $3.99 at bottle, I was going to forego this wine until a fellow Crew Member, with a similar palette, told me she loved it and to give it a try. So, I did, and she was right. Nice wine and a great value!

Hurry, cuz you know Trader Joe's, they hook you and then the wine you came to love, is gone.

Tom da Wine Guy

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2009 at 2:48 PM , Blogger jason said...

I'm a big fan of the Trentatre and the La Granja as well. Thanks for the tip on the Rendition. I'll give that one a try...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home