Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Trader Joe's Hot Tips on Wine

Two hot tips for you readers.

(1)  The Napa Station 2007 Chardonnay.  This is the winery's inaugural release and I think it's awesome.  Fermented 68% in stainless and 32% in French oak.  This is a Chardonnay that's not dripping in butter, rather, it's crisply acidic with tastes of green apple and white peach.  And best of all is the price.  The suggested retail for this wine is $18 but you can get it at TJ's for $4.99!  Now that's a deal!

(2)  A Red Table Wine, something of a mystery to me.  The principal grape is Zinfandel but I can't identify other varietals, but I suspect Petite Sirah among others.  Lots of chocolate aromas and taste.  It reminded me of Menage a' Trois but less sweet on the finish.  A mere $6.99 a bottle and quite tasty.

"Tom da Wine Guy"


sidebar-photo-04.jpg

4 Comments:

At January 4, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Blogger yotest jack said...

Tom, I went to TJ's in Tustin, CA, today and it was not in stock. When asked, the wine guy at that location was not aware of Napa Station.

Ken

 
At January 6, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Tony said...

Hi Tom--checking out your wine blog--I'm the bald headed guy from England who comes and asks you for wine recommendations sometimes in TJs. I checked out that Concannon Syrah that you labelled as a recommendation--but I can't quite find my way into it--I'll have to wait for another time to try it again. I loved the Chateau Neuf du Pape that you recommended--and pretty much everything else. Happy New Year! See you sometime soon--Tony

 
At February 14, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Tom da Wine Guy said...

Sorry Ken. Unfortunately, the Napa Station did not last very long. It was a TJ's "hustle buy" and was gone from our store, too, in only a few days.

Check out the Evenus Zinfandel Port that I just recommended. You should have better luck with it.

Tpm da Wine Guy

 
At February 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Tom da Wine Guy said...

Hope to see you soon, Tony. Thanks for your kind words.

Tom da Wine Guy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home