Monday, February 14, 2011

Hot Wine Tip for Valentine's Day Wine

Rats, I should have posted this a few days ago in time for Valentine's Day, but hey, the wine I'm gonna rave about is great any day. So hustle over to Trader Joe's and grab a bottle of.......

Evenus Zinfandel Port!!!  It's awesome!  And only a mere $9.99 for a 375ml bottle.  Yes, I said mere.  Pair it with a small piece of very dark chocolate, a small piece of bleu cheese, and a couple of pieces of candied walnuts.  You'll think you died and went to heaven.

I first experienced Zin Port about three years ago at the Zin Festival in Paso Robles.  I stumbled upon Zin Alley Winery and ended up buying two 500ml bottles at $44 each.  As you can imagine, I was ecstatic when TJ's started carrying the Evenus because $9.99 is a whole lot less than $44!  Yes, a whole lot less.

By the way, thanks to all of you with your comments.  I do read them all and appreciate hearing from you. I haven't been replying just because of lack of time but will try to do better.

Tom da Wine Guy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home