Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How does Trader Joe's Do IT???

Greetings readers.  Just back from a trip to Europe which included Alsace region in France, then to Prague in the Czech Republic; next to  Dubrovnik, Croatia, and then back to Lyon, France before heading to Paris.

My question above has to do with TJ's pricing of wines.  In Lyon, we went to a market looking for an inexpensive bottle of red wine.  Much to my surprise and delight, they had a shelf of Vidal-Fluery Cotes Du Rhone which we sell at Trader Joe's for $6.99 a bottle.  Unfortunately, the price in the French store was 6.90 Euros which translated to $9.32!

How does TJ's do it?  I mean they sell it here in the USA for $2.32 LESS a bottle!  Kudos to the TJ wine guys for bringing well-priced wines to all of us TJ shoppers...and they have it shipped a long way to get to the stores.  Sheesh, amazing.

Here they are for 33% more in Lyon France.

On another subject, I was disappointed in the Alsace white wines but it's a personal thing in that I drink very few sweet wines.  We did find some dryer Rieslings and Gewürztraminers which were quite nice but generally speaking, I couldn't live in a region that doesn't have some heftier reds.  Just my preference.


"Tom da Wine Guy"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home