Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Wine NOT to Buy!!!

Usually, this blog recommends wines to buy but this post is about a wine at Trader Joe's NOT to buy.

I bought a bottle of a Benefactor Shiraz from Southeastern Australia for $4.99.  Took one sip then another to make sure that I tasted a wine that bad.  Then I dumped it down the drain.  Benefactor also has a Cabernet and a Chardonnay in the store.  A co-worker tried the Cab and she had the same experience.  She dumped it down the sink also.

Normally, I wouldn't post about a wine that I didn't like but a couple of months ago, TJ's had a Benefactor red blend from Paso Robles that was AWESOME so when I saw the new arrivals, my heart beat increased with excitement.  I had hoped for another awesome wine at a great price, but that was not the case.  So, if any of you readers purchased the first Benefactor you too probably would have bought some of this new batch of Benefactor wines.  But don't.

Thank you, Bo, for your comment correcting my statement about Goldeneye Winery being located in the Alexander Valley when in fact, it's in the Anderson Valley.  I knew that...


Tom da Wine Guy

1 Comments:

At August 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

When you are looking to buy wine, you should have good amount of knowledge about wine because good knowledge can help you lot in buying right wine.
Vintage wines
http://www.victoriacellars.com.au/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home